Here are five things to know:
1. FundamentalVR appointed Peter Rainger as chief learning officer and named Peter Cooke as client sales executive.
2. As CLO, Mr. Rainger will be responsible for leading educational strategy.
3. Mr. Cooke will work hospitals to identify surgical simulation opportunities.
4. FundamentalVR is a first-of-its-kind software as a service platform, combining VR with haptics to create a low-cost flight simulator experience for surgical education.
5. The surgical simulator’s initial U.S. offering features spinal pedicle screw placement, posterior hip replacement and total knee arthroplasty training packages. The company will release additional orthopedic procedures in the fourth quarter of 2018 and offer training modules for general and cardiovascular surgery in 2019.