@HomeVR expands the Fundamental Surgery platform, offering an easy route for residency programs to integrate the latest educational technologies into their curriculums. It supports consistency in training delivery and assessment across a cohort, and can be used to enhance the effectiveness of an institution’s curriculum.
Within the Fundamental Surgery package, there are two products; the HapticVR system, and the @HomeVR system. @HomeVR compliments the core HapticVR system already available, giving educators and surgeons more choice of how and when to learn in one platform. The @HomeVR product is used on standalone headsets and can be taken home to use whenever and wherever the user would like, providing flexibility of learning. The @HomeVR product serves as a great introduction to the HapticVR product, which supports full skills development.
Both products are able to track, monitor and evaluate performance in each surgical step and have a direct feed into one singular data dashboard. This dashboard is accessible via a unique user login and can be accessed anywhere, anytime. The data in this dashboard provides actionable insights and overall themes and trends that can be used to highlight clear learning pathways and overall skills development across cohorts.
[caption id="attachment_13252" align="alignnone" width="1030"] The accredited education platform Fundamental Surgery is now available on low cost VR headsets such as Oculus Quest and HTC Vive Focus Plus. FundamentalVR confirms it is realising this to key institutions for user and curriculum integration testing[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_13689" align="alignnone" width="1030"] Practice and learn whenever, wherever and however you want. The Fundamental Surgery platform is now available on Oculus Quest as well as our HapticVR system.[/caption]
With @HomeVR users are able to:
- Fully immerse themselves within a procedure, allowing the user to walk around the virtual patient, follow the surgical steps and fully engage with the procedural walkthrough.
- Users are able to familiarize themselves with the virtual anatomy and are tested through MCQs and anatomical flagging throughout the procedures.
- Learn in a fully immersive environment, where all education content is both accredited and mapped to ACGME standards.
- Experience real-time feedback so the user is able to see where they have gone wrong and repeat the specific steps in order to gain a better understanding.
- Access and review all user data via the data dashboard, combined with the data from the HapticVR platform.
- @HomeVR uses Cutaneous (tactile vibration) Haptics which provide ‘buzz’ feedback whereas the HapticVR version of Fundamental Surgery delivers Kinesthetics Haptics (force feedback & position) that allow there accurate measurement and assessment of surgical skill as well as proven, more effective transfer of skill. The @HomeVR product serves as a great introduction and refresher and the HapticVR product supports full skills development.